East Alabama Paving Company, Inc. was founded in Opelika, Alabama in 1970 by Charles W. Lawler and Jack B. Tatum. Both men brought energy, enthusiasm and innovative thinking to the new paving business.
East Alabama Paving Company, Inc. has grown from a small asphalt plant mix producer and paving company to a very well respected, highly competitive and knowledgeable paving contractor capable of undertaking and building any type of paving project – no matter how specialized.
East Alabama Paving Company, Inc. has demonstrated its desire and ability to excel as a pioneer by being the first paving contractor in Alabama to construct ALDOT projects with Crumb Rubber in Asphalt Plant Mix, Stone Matrix Asphalt, Permeable Treated Asphalt Base, as well as many other specialty projects.
East Alabama Paving Company, Inc. has successfully completed three reconstruction projects for the National Center for Asphalt Technology Test Track, Auburn University and is currently involved in ongoing projects. These projects consisted of many different test sections, utilizing materials and new designs from states all over the country.
East Alabama Paving’s desire for excellence has been evident by the many Quality Pavement Awards received from the Alabama Asphalt Pavement Association over the years.
Markets served: Operates in an area of a 60 mile radius of Opelika and Auburn, Alabama
- Federal Highway, Alabama Department of Transportation, Counties, Residential and Commercial Paving Projects
- Asphalt Production and Hot Mix Sales
- Stone Base Construction
- Grading Operation
- Interstate 85 – Reconstruction and Resurfacing consisting of seven projects (50 miles) from the Georgia-Alabama line to the Montgomery County line
- US 280 – New Construction and Resurfacing consisting of nine projects (65 miles) from Phenix City to east of Alexander City
- US 431 – Resurfacing and Slope Correction consisting of five projects (45 miles) from Opelika to Roanoke
- Wal-Mart Distribution Center Roads, Drive and Trucking Parking Areas, Opelika, Alabama
- Primary Paving Contractor for KIA Motor Company, West Point Georgia
- National Center for Asphalt Technology, Test Track Reconstruction, three projects