Mr. DuBose entered the fast growing construction industry in the Southeast with Hooper Construction following WWII.
In the early 1950s, he co-founded DuBose Construction Company, which joined the Alabama Road Builders Association in 1956. It later became DuBose Construction Corporation, or DCC.
DCC operated in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi and South Carolina. Major projects in the 60s involved Baldwin and Escambia counties and Leon and Lake counties in Florida and Jamaica!
In the 70s, the company completed approximately 45 miles of interstate construction in Florida, several major projects for the Alabama Highway Department, and moved to its current Mt. Meigs location.
During the 1980s, DCC began focusing almost exclusively on Alabama. Major projects included Eastdale, McGehee Place, Eagle’s Landing, and The Villas; and paper mills in Georgia and Alabama.
During the 1990s, the company began developing real estate in Montgomery and took an active role in site preparation and development.
Mr. DuBose enjoyed the camaraderie of the association and was known as a hard worker and the last person off the job site.