10. Build a bridge to success for yourself and your organization. The exchange of information with your industry and ALDOT colleagues is facilitated by ARBA.
9. Increase your clout. ARBA is a great place to build a name for yourself and your company.
8. Sharpen your skills. By attending our seminars, conferences and conventions, you’ll stay on top of your profession.
7. Anticipate and prepare for your future. While you’re focusing on maintaining your daily operations, ARBA is looking ahead to developing trends, challenges and opportunities.
6. Receive quality support and service. When you need help, when you have a question, where do you turn? To ARBA. One-stop guidance is available here.
5. Save time and money. ARBA has the tools and the information resources to point you in the right direction, saving you valuable time and money.
4. Get frequent updates on changes in the industry. Late-breaking news, legislative alerts, spec changes — you’ll never be behind the times with ARBA. Through our publications and our web site you’ll always be in the know.
3. Keep up with new laws and regulations. ARBA is tuned in to the legislative and regulatory issues affecting our industry. We monitor pertinent issues and let you know when and how to take action.
2. Find business partners through the relationships you build as a ARBA member. Partnering, minority contracting, outsourcing, mergers, acquisitions—strategic alliances are critical to success in this industry.
1. And the number one reason to be a member of ARBA: Interact with real people in the industry.
Before you join a transportation construction trade association you should ask yourself one question: What makes this association significantly different than another construction trade association? The answer, of course, includes some of the answers you would give when asked about your business. Alabama Road Builders Association’s answer is this: we are older, bigger and better than our competition. We provide a better product.
ARBA is a $1 million corporation. We have 3 full-time employees located in Montgomery. We have an active RoadPAC fund and a real presence in Montgomery. Having those resources is crucial to our members and to the industry we represent. It means that when our board of directors sets policy we have the resources to implement it. Our members pay their dues and receive the service.
Like your business, we are protective of our reputation and particular about whom we work for. The ARBA motto of Build by Contract means everything to us, and that commitment has been recognized at a national level. ARBA received Chapter Excellence Awards for the Years 2003, 2004, 2006 and 2007 at each respective American Road and Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) National Convention. An ARTBA Chapter for more than 45 years, ARBA chaired the ARTBA Council for State Executives in 2008 and has also been honored nationally for public relations campaigns and recognized with the national award for best membership program.
So, the difference between the Alabama Road Builders Association and our competition is that we are the best at what we do – not just in Alabama – but in the country. And that has a value that any business understands.